Woohoo! Summer’s finally here, and we couldn’t be more ready…what about you?
In this fun post, we’re sharing 7 of our favorite weight loss tips to help you take advantage of the summer season and feel amazing – all at the same time!
1. Get out and enjoy that weather! Have you been wanting to try something new in the great outdoors? Sign up for a race, enjoy an outdoor yoga class, or just go on a walk in the company of a few friends. Reconnecting to nature can be a grounding experience that brings balance and calm into your busy life.
2. Leverage your mood. Have you noticed that you just feel well, sunnier – in summer weather? There seems to be a link between your mood and the weather. A brighter mood might have you craving way less “comfort”-type foods, making it easier to make healthier food choices.
3. Ahhh, relax. We all know the countless dangers of stress. It can trigger overeating, cause you to get less sleep, and alter hormone levels in your body – all of which contribute to weight gain. Relaxation doesn’t have to involve an elaborate vacation to a far-away destination – watching a gorgeous sunset or enjoying a staycation will do just fine.
4. Try a little sunny optimism. Building on #3 above, why not let your brighter spirits boost your outlook? If you often emphasize the negative, consider infusing a few rays of positivity into your mindset. Tell yourself all the reasons you CAN achieve your weight loss goals and why you so deserve it!
5. Take advantage of fresh foods in season. No season is better than summer to enjoy locally fresh fruits and vegetables. Here’s where you have a choice – you can indulge in unhealthy foods like burgers at a BBQ, or you can energize your body with vibrant farm-fresh food. What will you choose?
6. Emphasize water, optimize hydration. Especially if you live in a warmer climate, summer is an important time to stay hydrated. Be sure to pay particular attention to your water intake needs during periods of strenuous exercise or outdoor activities.
Did you know? Many of us don’t realize that fruits and veggies can also be a source of water. Think: watermelons, strawberries, cantaloupe, zucchini…and so many more delectable foods. Yum!
7. Be inspired. What better season than summer to motivate you to healthier living? Allow fresh new habits to take over your life and ultimately, carry you through all the seasons. Don’t just think thin (although that’s a great start) – set realistic goals, get the support you need, stay accountable and make this a winning season!
The Why Weight Transformation Center is here to help you achieve your weight loss goals this summer and beyond. Our unique, all-natural weight loss program gets effective results. Learn more or reach out to us today!